|Posted by ian on November 1, 2018 at 7:30 AM|
Manchester Junior Chess
Junior Chess Congress
Saturday 24th November 2018
The Hub, Pownall Road, Altrincham, WA 14 2SZ
(Directions to the Hub on the back)
Start at 10.30 a.m. Finish at 4.30 p.m. (approx). Parents should return for 3.30 p.m.
Entry fee £13. (£15 if entered on the day)
Members of the English Chess Federation have a £3 discount.
Silver Membership of the ECF is free in your first year.
Cheques made payable to Manchester Junior Chess. Emailed/texted entry arriving before Friday 23rd will be charged £13 on the day.
OPEN SECTION All play all, standard play rules in groups of 4/5 children. Winners receive £25 cash prize.
KINGS SECTION For juniors who have played chess for a few years.
Swiss Rapidplay Tournament Winners receive trophies.
KNIGHTS SECTION For children new to chess.
Swiss Rapidplay Tournament Winners will win trophies.
All games will be graded.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Saturday 24th November 2018 Altrincham
Tel.: ______________For use in an emergency.
Date of Birth:__________________Email______________________
ECF Membership number:________________________
Mr. Julian Clissold, 4, Vale Street, Turton Bottoms, Nr. Bolton, BL7 0EB
Or phone in your entry on 01204 852036 (You can leave a message on voice mail if I am out).
Or email your entry to email@example.com Or text me on 07800731053. And pay on the day.
Note for parents regarding security
• Manchester Junior Chess (MJC) is affiliated to the English Chess Federation, the English Primary Schools Chess association, and the Manchester Chess Federation.
• Junior Congresses are generally held in Primary Schools or Community Centres, so that MJC can benefit from the secure design and layout of the environment.
• All the adults who run MJC are volunteers. They are required to have full police clearance.
• MJC has Public Liability Insurance. However children’s belongings are not insured and they are advised not to bring expensive toys.
• MJC holds emergency contacts for all participants. This is a condition of entry.
• Children are supervised by volunteers from MJC. Occasionally we ask parents to support us when the children are in the playground.
• Manchester Junior Chess places pictures of congresses on its website and at Junior Chess events. They are always anonymous. Please tick the box if you do not want your child’s photograph used.
• MJC has adopted the MCF code of practice in relation to child safeguarding. □
WA 14 2SZ
From Junction 7 on the M60.
Chester Road A56
Becomes Manchester Road.
Pass Trafford College (rt.) Navigation Hotel (lt.)
B5164 on the left. Barrington Road
Becomes Stamford New Road A538
Becomes Railway Street
Turn left down Lloyd Street and at the lights turn right behind Sainsbury’s. The Hub is beyond Sainsbury’s.
Manchester Junior Chess Congresses 2018
Worsley Saturday October 6th
Bolton Saturday October 27th
Altrincham Saturday 24th November
Oldham Saturday December TBA
Children will be selected for the Manchester Under 9 and Under 11 teams based on their congress performances.